Air compressors are important components for certain applications and operations. However, with the availability of several types of air compressors available, the choice of the best one depends upon the particular application.
The regulator valve of an air compressor ensures that you can control the flow of the air. The regulator helps in managing the air pressure as required. There are certain aspects that you must check before buying any air compressor regulator valve.
The CFM (cubic feet per minute) of an air compressor is the measure of the speed at which the compressor can supply the air. Therefore, when looking for the air regulator valve, you must ensure that it is able to make the air flow accordingly. The tank size of the air compressor is important but only in some instances and not all.
We have done the research for you and have compiled a list of the best air compressor regulator valves available in the market. These valves have been reviewed on the basis of their size, shape and style and the application for which they are most suitable. You can check out the list to find the best air compressor regulator valve for your requirement.
Scored 4.4/5.0 – From 125 Customer Reviews
Priced From $11.98
- Replaces air pressure from your compressor to match the recommended air pressure required by your air tool
- Air flow must be in direction of the arrow
- 15 GPM rating
I’m rarely so pleased with a product that I review it before Amazon prompts me to do it… but this is an exception.Last year I bought a Central Pneumatic (HF) #682619 Spray Gun Air Adjusting Valve for my DeVilbiss spray gun. I paint cars sometimes, and I’m purely a hobbyist. That little regulator worked fine, so when I purchased a touchup spray gun last fall ( an ATD Tools 6903 HVLP Mini Touch-Up Spray Gun) I thought I’d use the same HF on-the-gun regulator.So last week I bought one from HF. The gun wants 29 psi in, to get 10 psi out. Same as my bigger gun. I could NOT regulate the HF device. It would jump from 0 to 90 psi, with no hope of getting it right. So I took it back for an exchange. I tried again. I was able to get to 29 psi this time, but couldn’t hold it. It was so sensitive that the barest touch would send the air pressure all over the board. I was really disappointed.So I checked online and found this Bostitch BTFP72326 Regulator. It had good reviews, and only cost about $3 more, even with Prime shipping. I put it on last night. Wow! It feels solid, adjusts well, is easy to read… it’s perfect. I could not be more pleased. I’m regulating easily at 29 psi, but could have dialed in 5, 20, 30 or 50 just as easily. Very nice to adjust.So I’m taking my HF version back for a refund. I don’t know why the one I bought last year worked well, and the last two didn’t, but I’m not going to worry about it. I’ll always buy this Bostitch in the future when I need one.
GOCHANGE 140PSI 1/4 Inch Air Pressure Regulator Relief with Gauge Hose Quick Release Compressor Fitting
Scored 3.5/5.0 – From 28 Customer Reviews
Priced From $12.99
- Durable and utility
- Easy to install and disassemble
- With the barometer, can be set and read the data
- With the valve knob, can according to need to adjust air pressure
- Can help to save electric energy
Scored 4.6/5.0 – From 15 Customer Reviews
Priced From $19.99
- Genuine OEM Replacement Part #AB-9051114
- Compatible with Stanley Bostitch Compressors.
- What’s included : (1) Replacement Stanley Bostitch Air Compressor Replacement Pressure Regulator #AB-9051114
- New, bulk packaged
- Please refer to list below for compatibility
I snapped the red plastic knob off of the pressure regulator of my Bostitch “pancake” air compressor. I was happy to find out that Amazon had one on line for much less than the cost of a new compressor! Replacement was simple and the valve operated exactly as expected.
Scored 4.0/5.0 – From 4 Customer Reviews
Priced From $10.96
- (1) DeVilbiss DEV-802160
- GAUGE 0-160 PSI
- AIR ADJUSTING VALVE REGULATOR
Scored 3.7/5.0 – From 3 Customer Reviews
Priced From $12.73
- Product Name : Pneumatic Regulator;Model : AR 2000;Material : Metal, Plastic;Working Medium : Air
- Max. Pressure : 9.9kgf/cm2;Adjustable Pressure Range : 0.5-9.0kg/cmÂ²;Joint Thread : 12.3mm/ 1/2″
- Pressure Gauge Connector Dia : 9.5mm/ 3/8″;Pressure Gauge Range : 0-1 Mpa;Total Size : 7 x 4 x 4cm / 2.8″ x 1.6″ x 1.6″(L*W*H)
- Pressure Gauge Size : 4.2 x 2.3cm/ 1.7″ x 0.7″(D*T);Color : Black, Red;Weight : 171g
- Package Content : 1 x Pneumatic Regulator;1 x Pressure Gauge : 1 x Pressure Gauge;1 x Install Bracket : 1 x Install Bracket
Scored 5.0/5.0 – From 1 Customer Reviews
Priced From $24.99
- Genuine Porter Cable, Craftsman & Devilbiss 1/4″ Air Regulator.
- Part Number D27257 This Is An Original Equipment Part, NOT an Aftermarket.
- Fit Many Dewalt, B&D; & Porter Cable & Devilbiss Air Compressors.
- In-Line or Modular Installation Full Flow Gage Ports
- Balanced Valve Design Minimizes Effect of Variation in the Inlet Pressure on the Outlet Pressure
Scored 4.1/5.0 – From 18 Customer Reviews
Priced From $15.53
- Genuine OEM Replacement Part # CAC-4296-1
- Compatible with many Porter Cable Air Compressors.
- What’s included : (1) Replacement Regulator 3Port P2 L # CAC-4296-1
- New, bulk packaged
- Please refer to list below for compatibility
I have this regulator on a Porter-Cable compressor and liked it so well that I bought another one to replace a unit on another older compressor that I use for airbrushing. It works perfectly. Some regulators, while they allow you to set the airflow at a given pressure, allow the pressure to build in the line when the flow is stopped (trigger of the airbrush is released). When you then press the trigger the initial blast of air is at a higher pressure than what is set for the continuous airflow. Not with this regulator. It maintains that pressure constantly so there is never a build-up when the airbrush is static. Every time you depress the airbrush trigger you get the same airflow that you’ve set. Don’t forget to use the sealant tape when installing it.
Scored 5.0/5.0 – From 3 Customer Reviews
Priced From $8.02
- 1/4″ NPT
- Brass construction
- Thumbscrew valve control
- For use with control air flow
Lefoo Air Compressor Switch Pressure Control Switch Valve for Air Compressor Replaces Furnas Square D H4 – Lf10-4h-1-npt1/4-140-175
Scored 4.1/5.0 – From 8 Customer Reviews
Priced From $11.99
- BRAND NEW LeFOO PRESSURE SWITCH 140-175 WITH 4 WAY MANIFOLD.
- REPLACES FURNAS… SQUARE D…. & MOST OTHER PRESSURE SWITCH MANUFACTURERS
- THIS SWITCH COMES WITH AN UNLOADER, ON/OFF LEVER AND 4 WAY MANIFOLD.
- THE 4 WAY MANIFOLD GIVES YOU THE OPTION OF CONNECTING 3 ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES TO YOUR APPLICATION.
- YOU COULD PLUG IN A GAUGE, SAFETY VALVE, OR REGULATOR INTO THE 1/4″ MANIFOLD CONNECTIONS. THE UN-USE
This switch worked great on my little craftsman compressor.. Took a litlle bit of adjusting to get the pressures right, but works like new now. If you can do the installation, you will have no problem with the set up. It just takes a little time. Buy this switch!
Scored 4.6/5.0 – From 27 Customer Reviews
Priced From $7.16
- 175 PSI high temperature rated safety valve
- ASME safety coded
- 1/4 inch NPT male fitting
- Manual pull ring included for manual actuation of safety valve
- Heavy duty Viton seal for long term safety
The quality of the regulator valve must be top notch as it is this component that will ensure smooth flow of air through the compressor. It helps in controlling the air pressure. You must choose the appropriate regulator valve that fits the air compressor. It must be easy to install and replace as and when required.
We hope that you liked our review of the best air compressor regulator valve and you were able to find the best one for your requirement. We would love to know about your choice of the regulator valve. In case of any comments or suggestions, use the comments section below.