Continuous hinges are popular variants of hinges that are generally chosen for places that are known to have extensive usage or wear and tear of the hinges. Continuous hinges are so designed that they minimize the stress on the component that is attached to them.
Continuous hinges are designed in several materials like stainless steel, aluminum and steel and they are done in several finishes. They can handle extensive and harsh environmental conditions. They are used on pianos to hold the heavy lid, in many blast doors, electrical doors, wholesale doors and barn doors. They are considered better than other hinges as they can be cut to length easily to match the requirement and this helps in distributing the weight along the length of the object.
There are some advantages of the continuous hinges and they include being less noisy, easy installation, extended life span, increased security and privacy. Therefore, choosing these hinges is surely a good option. We have prepared a list of the best heavy duty continuous hinges after researching the market. These continuous hinges have been reviewed for their quality of material of construction, durability and price. You can choose the appropriate design and length of the continuous hinges.
Scored 4.7/5.0 – From 8 Customer Reviews
Priced From $17.59
- 2″ x 72″; plain steel finish
- heavy gauge steel
- Screw holes are spaced 2″ apart and countersunk for No. 6 flat head screws
Scored 4.7/5.0 – From 7 Customer Reviews
Priced From $47.50
- Two Aluminum Piano Hinges 2″ Open X 72″Long
- .090 Thick with 3/16″ aluminum pin with holes every 4″
- will handle the heaviest doors
I used this in a lid application made of tongue and groove with 1/2 inch ply for support and they were more than adequate. Nice item and nicely packaged. The only thing I would have preferred was recessed hole so my screw heads would nestle, but in the end it didn’t matter. The price was right and I easily cut it with my multi-tool with attachment for metal.
Scored 4.8/5.0 – From 6 Customer Reviews
Priced From $19.89
Scored 5.0/5.0 – From 1 Customer Reviews
Priced From $149.55
Magnetic Screen Door,Mossio Heavy Duty Mesh with Continuous Magnets & Full Frame Velcro – Fits Door Up To 34″x82″ MAX
Scored 3.7/5.0 – From 13 Customer Reviews
Priced From $18.99
- Instant screen size 36” x 83” – fits door openings up to 34″ x 82″ Max. Please measure first
- Tightest continuous magnets down the entire length of the opening, opens and closes automatically with no gaps
- Full length velcro is sewn right into the mesh and sticks easily to your door frame. Never break or fall off easily
- Premium instant bug mesh with invisible magnets as seen on TV. Keep bugs out and let fresh air in, protect your family from invading insects
- Install in minutes without any tools. 12 months no questions asked money back guarantee
I really enjoyed this product. I am one of those people who like to leave the door and windows open to enjoy the fresh air. In this case our front door does not have a screen on it, so when I left the door open Mosquitoes, spiders, moths (you name it) would get in. I purchased this product and it arrived on time. It came with some black tacts and Velcro tape to help keep it sturdy. It was very easy to put up and actually works. As soon as you walk through, it magnetically goes back together. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I would definitely recommend this for families that have kids that run in and out, and for pets to come and go.
Scored 4.4/5.0 – From 434 Customer Reviews
Priced From $19.99
- Key locker is constructed of 17-gauge heavy-duty steel for extra protection of your keys
- Keyed entry keysafe features a cam lock with 2 keys included; locking wall-mount key cabinet for storing keys
- Key lock box holds 30 keys safely inside; only can be opened with included keys, perfect for leasing offices, schools, and business parks
- The keysafe box has a depth for larger key rings; no more having to remove keys from rings to get them to fit inside
- Combination key safe includes screw and wall anchors for easy mounting and setup
This cabinet is very well built of nice, strong steel. The combo lock works well. As an added precaution, in case anyone should be foolish enough to break into the box or try to guess the combination (and any lock box can be compromised) I have devised a somewhat severe but very effective deterrent. Upon opening the box (using the combo or by breaking in) I am rigging up a small sprayer bottle on a dead-man’s release cable, which will dispense a puff of slow-acting lethal gas in the face of the person standing in front of the safe. (The gas will immobilize the perpetrator in about 60-90 seconds after exposure to skin or by inhaling). It could be lethal within another 4-5 minutes, depending upon the weight of the perpetrator. Inside the locked cabinet will be three vials of colored liquid: red, blue, and yellow. Two of the colored liquids are additional poison, but one contains a fast-acting antidote to the lethal gas. Family members will know to ingest two drops of the XXXX-colored liquid, which is the only antidote. (Obviously I cannot reveal the “color code” here). For crooks, the odds are not very good. Some may argue that this security method poses a risk of lawsuit, while others will recognize it as a “make my day” scenario. Either way, as the saying goes, “dead men tell no tales.”
Scored 4.5/5.0 – From 2 Customer Reviews
Priced From $19.55
- Double Action Spring Hge BRASS
- Double action spring hinges, simple closing action from either direction
- Energy is stored in spring as door is opened, closes the door when it is released
- Spring tension is easily adjusted at any time
- Load Rating: 30 lbs/pr
Hager 780-224HD Series Aluminum Heavy Duty Fire Rated Roton Continuous Geared Hinges, Concealed Leaf, Clear Anodized, 83″ Length
Scored 5.0/5.0 – From 1 Customer Reviews
Priced From $140.04
Scored 4.0/5.0 – From 2 Customer Reviews
Priced From $3.11
- 3/4in Double Acting Hinge BRASS Plated
- Brass Plated
- For 3/4″ doors
- Free swinging
These are exactly what I wanted/needed to make a folding dressing screen. However, I had to find a video on-line to demonstrate them as I couldn’t figure them out even knowing what I wanted them for.I’ll be ordering more of these 3/4″ wide ones and some of the 1.5″ ones just to have on hand for when we need folding screens.
Scored 3.6/5.0 – From 6 Customer Reviews
Priced From $5.55
- SC Hge OL & 3/8in & Full Inset NKL
- For up to 3/4″ thick doors
- No routing required
- Overlay 0″ to 3/4″, 3/8″ and Full Inset
- 6 way adjustment
If you need a hidden cabinet hinge that doesn’t require serious milling, this is the one for you. If you have a 3/4″ cabinet door, this hinge will allow it to open almost to 180 degrees. It is also very easy to install, just use a drill to intall it while shimming the door up 1/8″ and out 1/8″. It will be perfect almost every time. If not, the hinge does allow for some adjustment.
Continuous hinges are the best solution for many commercial applications. It offers a cost effective solution with its premium axial rotation and smooth pivotal action. They are available in a variety of designs giving you the liberty to choose your design as per your requirement and preference.
We hope that you found our review of the best heavy duty continuous hinge informative and useful and you were able to find the best one for your requirement. We would love to know which of these hinges you chose and why. What has been your experience of installing and using these hinges? Do let us know.