Having clean, safe and pure drinking water is your priority as you want to avoid any diseases caused by water borne vectors. Having a water filtration system should be your priority in this case. As there are several such systems available, choosing the best one can be a little challenging. However, once you have made the choice, you must ensure that the system is well maintained so that you keep getting clean water.
Choosing a reliable water filter replacement cartridge is recommended to ensure that the filtration unit works to its maximum capacity. The functionality and size of the filtration system will determine the type of filter cartridge as a replacement. There are different types of water filter replacement cartridges available in the market which includes surface filter cartridges and depth filter cartridges.
Replacement cartridges can be chosen on the basis of the model of the filtration unit. Next you must check the length and the diameter of the cartridge to ensure that it fits properly.
We have prepared a list of the best water filter replacement cartridge after researching the market. These cartridges have been reviewed on the basis of their type, size, style and price. You can peruse through the list to ensure that you are getting the best one for your water filtration unit.
Scored 4.2/5.0 – From 469 Customer Reviews
Priced From $99.00
- The Everpure H-300 Cartridge delivers healthful, great tasting water every time. Fresh water on demand that is convenient for you and your family at a lower operating cost that is below the price of bottled water
- Retains vital minerals found naturally in water to ensure the clean, crisp, taste of your water. Also reduces particles as small as 0.5 micron in size
- Reduces Lead, Volatile Organic Chemicals (VOCs), dirt, cloudiness, mold and algae
- Enhanced with KDF media to inhibit scale build-up that can damage equipment
- Reduces chlorine taste and odor
This cartridge is big and it’s relatively expensive but the advantage is that with the Everpure system, you need to replace only this one cartridge once a year. The quality of the water is excellent. It’s quiet. It’s trouble-free. It’s fool-proof if installed correctly. And, the Everpure head allows you to quickly and easily shut the incoming water supply off right at the filter housing head for easy cartridge removal/replacement and minimal water spillage. The only thing to remember is that to remove the old cartridge, shut the water off at the filter housing head and open up the filtered water spigot to relieve pressure. Then, you can easily unscrew the old cartridge away from the housing. If you don’t open up the spigot first to relieve pressure, you will have a very tough time trying to unscrew the cartridge AND you will get a lot of spray once you do. Simply screw in the new cartridge and open up the water supply on the filter head housing. Run the spigot for 5 minutes to flush out any carbon particles and to purge out air as well.
Beta Water Filter Replacement Cartridge Compatible for Whirlpool PUR Push Button 4396841, 4396710, Pur Filter3
Scored 4.1/5.0 – From 925 Customer Reviews
Priced From $15.25
- Delivers clean, clear water that looks and tastes great. Quality is as good as the branded one.
- Removes chlorine tastes and odors, while retaining minerals which may be beneficial to health
- Lasts for up to 6 months or 750 gallons (depends on water quality and level of contaminants)
- Compatible with: Compatible Models: KENMORE—46-9020 ; 46-9020P ; 4609020000 ; 469020 ; 469020P PUR—W10121145 ; W10121146 ; W10177635 ; W10186667 ; W10193691 ; W10193691T ; WHIRLPOOL—4396710 ; 4396710B ; 4396710P ; 4396710T ; 4396711B ; 4396841 ; 4396841B ; 4396841P ; 4396841T ; 4396842B ; 4396842
I read a number of negative reviews prior to purchasing this filter. They tended to all be around the taste of the water after going through the filter. There were a few four and five star reviews that talked about running several gallons of water through the filter prior to drinking or making ice. I decided to give it chance and couldn’t be happier.After receiving the filter I turned the ice maker off and put the new filter in. I then ran five gallons of water through the filter. It took a bunch of time, but that was what the instructions directed.The water filter works great, and the water tastes wonderful. I couldn’t recommend this filter as a replacement for your PURE enough. You have to run several gallons of water through it first or you won’t be happy. I went to the hardware store and bought a 3′ length of tubing, slid it over the water dispenser and dropped it down into a five-gallon bucket. Easy.
Scored 4.5/5.0 – From 5,106 Customer Reviews
Priced From $1.02
- 3 replacement water filters that fit all Brita pitchers and dispensers
- No pre soaking required, so you can use right away
- Does not leave black flecks in your water
- Reduces chlorine taste and odor, to deliver great tasting water
- Removes copper, mercury and cadmium, which can cause illness over time
I’ve been using Brita Filter in my household since before 2008, so a while, and I wish I had started SOONER. I got everyone in my family to useit too. Here’s the number one reason you should switch if you haven’t already: The Water Tastes Better!! Better than bottled water, better than tap water, better than any other type of water.We use filtered water for my Zojirushi which is my Japanese hot water “kettle” if you will – it makes a HUGE difference in the taste of tea and coffee.We use filtered water to wash nuts, rice, and to cook.We use filtered water to drink obviously at room temperature. Cold water can hurt your vocal chords and isn’t really good for your body.We use filtered water to make smoothies and soups and other liquid meals.We love our Brita so much that we now have two of them and these filters are entirely worth it. You can see some pictures I attached here. They are super easy to install. Just make sure you do the following:1. Remove the original filter and discard.2. Submerge your new filter in cold water for about 15-20 minutes or even longer.3. Install the new filter by snapping it into place.4. Put water inside your Brita pitcher.5. Fill it up and let water to run through the pitch at least 3 times because of the carbon inside the filter.6. The fourth batch you can drink as long as it’s super clear and clean.Enjoy and change out your filter frequently and never buy bottled water again. I sound like I’m preaching. Maybe I am. Hope this helps ya!
Scored 4.3/5.0 – From 1,593 Customer Reviews
Priced From $9.99
- Reduces chlorine and bad taste and odor
- Reduces lead, Lindane, Atrazine,Turbity. Particulate class 1
- Filter life of up to 200 gallons
- Quick and easy replacement
- Replacement cartridge for FM – 15A faucet filter – NSF certified
Most good quality water filters work the same way…usually containes a solid activated carbon block (very important) that removes chemicals and impurities through adsorbtion (not absorption!!). Some have different stages that first filter out large particles but they always have a main filter made of a solid carbon block that removes a wide range of chemicals.This Culligan filter performs just as good as most other major brand filters (Pur/Brita) but one thing that made me purchase this rather than anything else is the fact that the output of the filter (where the water come out) is part of the filter and not part of the housing. Why is this important?The reason is that previously with other water filters that have the output on the filter housing, buildup of calcium deposits and sometimes mold/mildew would form on the filter housing where the water would come out. And since the majority of the time most people don’t check that or clean it…the water can get “recontaminated” especially after a few months of use.With the Culligan filter, you don’t have to worry about that since the output is part of the filter and when you change the filter out, you will always get clean water.Overall, this is one of the best filters you can buy at a reasonable price point. With Amazon’s subscribe and save, it makes it even more a good value. Highly recommended!!
Scored 4.9/5.0 – From 296 Customer Reviews
Priced From $14.99
- Compatible with Cat Mate & Dog Mate Fountains
- Pack of 10 filters
- Keep the water in your pet’s Cat Mate fountain tasting fresh
- Replace filter every 2 to 4 weeks
- Food grade activated charcoal. Quality meet or exceed leading national brands.
My cats only drink running water. Any water sitting in a bowl gets dumped all over the floor. With three cats, that’s a lot of spills to clean up. The water fountain I used to have did not have a replaceable filter and the sediment in my well water eventually clogged up the motor despite regular cleaning. The fountain I have now uses these filters which are a snap to replace when they get too yucky, and it’s made the motor last much longer. It saves me money and makes my kitties happy to have fresh clean running water.
Scored 4.4/5.0 – From 414 Customer Reviews
Priced From $31.10
- Reduces chlorine, cysts, lead, select VOCs and other contaminants
- Replacement for GXSV65R
- Includes two “twist and lock” filters
- Replace every 6 months or 160 gallons
They’re original equipment so fit perfectly. Delivery time was as promised. Price is just a few dollars less than at the home improvement center nearby.The more important message I have is that not all water filter systems or cartridges are equal. I’ve installed the GE Smartwater system in 3 houses now. It’s pretty easy to install and I’ve never had a leak. The cartridges are easy to replace; just shut off the cold water supply under the sink, twist off the old filters and twist on the new ones.Critical point is that these particular cartridges remove a long list of organic and inorganic compounds and poison, in addition to making the water taste better. A lot of filters just remove chlorine and maybe sediments, with the purpose of simply making the water taste better. Most refrigerator filters are like that. Some of the GE Smartwater cartridges are like that too. But the FQSVF cartridges give me confidence that the water is pretty darn pure.My only quibble with the GE system is that the packaging claims the system will notify you when it’s time to change cartridges by having a little light go on in the faucet’s base. But the button battery that’s supposed to power this reminder light never lasts long enough because of the wet sink environment around the base of the faucet. It’s rusty and gunky in a couple of months. But I just mark the date on the cartridge with a marker pen when I install.
Scored 4.6/5.0 – From 364 Customer Reviews
Priced From $5.56
- 5-micron, nominal, filtration
- Extra-fine sediment filtration reduces extra-fine dirt, sand, salt, rust and scale particles
- Pure spun-polypropylene fiber construction
- For use with model #HF-150, HF-160, HF-360 and most standard size sediment filters
- filter life up to 2 months or 8,000 gallons
- Filters Extra-fine (5-micron) sediment filtration: dirt, sand, silt, rust particles and scale particles
- Level 4 Premium Filtration
- Recommended for use with city well water supplies
I installed a whole house filter on my main line two years ago, just out of curiosity of what it would catch. Turns out I get very little sediment, but these 5 micron filters do take on a lot of rusty color. So I know they’re doing something. It’s worth it to me. I replace these every six months, as they start looking quite brown, although the flow is still okay.Also, I haven’t noticed much, if any, reduction in water flow rate throughout the house. For me, 5 micron has been good that way.
Scored 4.4/5.0 – From 86 Customer Reviews
Priced From $5.79
- NSF certified
- 5-Micron filtration
- Reduces taste, odor, chlorine
- Reduces rust and sediment
- Compatible with Whole House Water Filters R14 (1653-1022), U24, and U25 (1653-7508)
Installed my first one and it takes the bad taste out completely. Bought another housing, one for sediment and one for charcoal.Now it is clean, no dirt and great tasting. Did all the plumbing work myself, no problems or outside help. My suggestion isto have two like I do, then you know that you are doing the best job. I bought a year’s supply of the charcoal.Only need about 2 a year (depending) for the sediment filter. If they flush the fire plugs, we have to change the filter becauseit stirs up the mud and rust in the pipes, but not our water heater. The sediment is caught first by the filter, and then taste isprotected by the charcoal. Good going Amazon guys. You stock everything I need.
Scored 4.6/5.0 – From 1,424 Customer Reviews
Priced From $0.73
- Replacement filter cartridge for Culligan HSH-C135 Hand Held Filter Showerhead (1653-3671)
- Also reduces sulfur odor and scale
- Filter life of up to 10,000 gallons or 6 months
- Easy to install with no tools required
- Reduces chlorine and scale for softer, cleaner, skin and hair
- Also reduces sulfur odor and scale
- Level 2 extra filtration, NSF certified
- For WSH-C125, HSH-C135, ISH-100 shower units
- 5-year warranty, filter life of up to 10,000 gallons or 6 months
I live in Los Angeles and it’s well documented and widely known that we are in a severe drought. Originally, LA had five different water sources ranging from upstate to the Owens River. So the water changes periodically and it can be quite hard in quality. That really took a toll on my hair. I have brown hair and have never colored my hair once in my entire life. My hair started to turn a brassy, orange color and got very dried out and nothing seemed to help. So I got this filter and cut my hair and started fresh. I haven’t had any problems. This shower head also protects from bacterial growth or bacteria in general. It’s a great filter. I change it as recommended. It’s very easy to use. All you do is pop it into the corresponding shower head, making sure not to let the rubber washers move off (there’s no reason they should but they ensure that the filter stays in place so that it is effective). I will say that buying and using this filter is one of the smartest moves I’ve ever made. Using this shower filter is a lot cheaper than dying and treating my hair, and in general I have a better shower experience. No matter where I live I can still use this filter. I think this is a smart buy and if you are on the fence about what shower head and filter to get I’d say this is a safe purchase. It’s effective and the price point is very reasonable. You’ll be happy you got this and when you need to replace it you won’t be set back as much as with other filters. Good luck!
Scored 4.5/5.0 – From 327 Customer Reviews
Priced From $44.98
- Replacement filter for New Wave’s water filter system produces continuous supply of fresh, crisp, wonderful-tasting water from the tap
- Removes major contaminants to below EPA minimum levels
- Easily replaced filter produces approximately 1,500 gallons of water before it needs replacing, or enough to last one year for a family of four
- Once water has been filtered, inert and desirable minerals like magnesium, potassium, chlorides, and fluoride are left behind
- Includes 30-day money-back guarantee and limited one-year manufacturer’s warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
If you have a New Wave Enviro housing, this is a replacement filter that will work for it. I used to buy replacement filters for mine at Wh*le F**ds, but they stopped carrying them. I wasn’t sure if this would work for me, but I gave it a shot, and it fits perfectly.My city water is clean, but I don’t like the taste of it. This filter makes it taste like the finest purified spring water. That’s what I want, and that’s what this product delivers.That is to say that I’m interested mainly in TASTE. If you’re picky/concerned enough about water quality from a chemical content perspective to desire certification on a filter, than maybe you’d like to pay $500 for something like this: Multi-Pure Countertop Water Filter – Certified for Arsenic Reduction!. While it’s nice to know that such products exist, $60 covers my concerns just fine. If I want to get it done, I think my city offers in-home water quality testing – yours might too. (This is in reference to a reviewer who, I think unfairly, gives this filter one star for not being something that it doesn’t claim to be.)Bugs me when people give misleading negative reviews because they want a product to be different from what it is.
Water filter replacement cartridges are simple to use, clean and then reuse. If you know the type and size of your filtration unit, you can easily purchase the replacement cartridges for it. The idea is to get the best quality as you want pollutant-free water for your family.
We hope that you were able to find the best water filter replacement cartridges for your home after reading our review of the best ones available in the market. Do write to us about your choice of the cartridges and your experience of using them.