Caring for your wooden furniture in the right way can be the difference between the furniture looking great and looking dull. Simple dusting and cleaning furniture regularly will not let the dirt or dust settle on it. But you need more than that to keep the gleam and shine on the wooden furniture. There is a wide range of products available to clean and polish the furniture. However, you must have an idea of which products to choose so that you do not end up damaging your furniture.
Before purchasing the furniture cleaner and polish it is essential to know the type of wood that has been used for the furniture. You must also know about the finish that has been there on the furniture so that you do not end up with another finish which could be varnish, wax, unsealed or paint. The polish that you select for your furniture should also be the type that you already have.
We have prepared a list of the best wood furniture cleaner and polish after researching the market. These products have been reviewed for their quality, ease of use and price. You can check out the list to find the best of the furniture cleaner and polish for your home.
Scored 4.7/5.0 – From 1,645 Customer Reviews
Priced From $5.18
- Prevent drying and deterioration of all wood finishes
- Polish all wood surfaces to a soft luster and protect with a coating of natural waxes
- Use to maintain the restored finish after using Howard Restor-A-Finish
- Enhance the natural beauty and depth of grain in finished and unfinished wood
- This product contains Petroleum Distillate. Can be combustible. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid prolonged contact with skin. Keep out of reach of children.
I could go on all day about how good this product is. It is the only product that I have found that really will refresh dried wood finishes on oak kitchen cabinets; they look brand new when the product is applied. There is no nasty smell, either. Please follow the instructions; I usually use clean cloth rags that I throw out rather than keep, although paper towels will work. This item can be expensive, ranging up to $25 per bottle. If you go price shopping, be sure you are purchasing the 16 ounce size, because it comes in the smaller sizes of 4 and 8 ounces. The best price I found was on Amazon, through a vendor called acehardwareoutlet, which I have used more than once, and would also recommend. I was recently able to order three bottles for a total price of $25.34, including shipping. That is a lot of product, however, I gave one bottle to a friend as a gift, and she loved it; it’s a perfect gift for someone who has a lot of oak furniture.November 14, 2012 update:This is simply a wonderful product. I have now used Howard’s conditioner on all of my oak cabinets for about 20 years. What is so great about Howard’s are these things:1. The oil soaks into oak and revitalizes the wood and brings back the luster. You only have to use it about twice a year unless you have cabinets that are exposed to something like a coffeemaker (the steam) or in a bathroom (water and steam). In those cases I use Howard’s about three times a year.2. The results are immediate. The wood is cleaned and conditioned at the same time.3. The product is easy on your hands, and there is a pleasant smell.4. The directions are straightforward, but what I do is use paper towels instead of cloth, rub the oil gently into the wood, and just leave the cabinets alone until dry, which can take some hours.At the current price of $8.76 with super saver shipping, this is a screaming deal. Howard’s is hard to locate, and I was very pleased to find it on Amazon today since I was running low. A 16-ounce bottle lasts a long time; however, I just bought three of them, not only to take advantage of the free shipping, but to give as Christmas gifts this year. If you have friends that already have enough “stuff” and have oak furniture, they will love Howard’s.
Scored 4.5/5.0 – From 126 Customer Reviews
Priced From $5.79
- 16 oz
- Orange glo
- Use on any wood surface
- Wood cleaner & polish with trigger spray
I’ve been meaning to write a review for this product for a long time. As others have said, it works great on wood cabinets — but the main reason I use it is that IT WORKS WONDERFULLY TO CLEAN AND POLISH STAINLESS STEEL.I’ve bought EVERY kind of stainless steel cleaner available and some work ok but none can compare with ORANGE GLO. It removes fingerprints, drips, water drips from the dispenser in the fridge door and any other kind of blemish and shines the stainless steel amazingly and with no effort.I had read about its being able to clean stainless steel a few years ago. I didnt pay much attention at the time because I thought the person who posted that must wither be nuts or must work for the company. But one day I was so frustrated that none of the many stainless steel cleaning products I had worked well enough — and I had some Orange Glo, so I tried it. OMG, I was astonished.Maybe the manufacturers are already marketing it as also being great for stainless steel. If not, they’re missing a wonderful opportunity.And, by the way, I do not work for any company related to Orange Glo and I’ve never been paid to post any reviews, positive or negative, anywhere. I think I bought my Orange Glo on Amazon a few years ago but dont recall for sure. In any event, you can check my review history to verify that I’m a real person.Edited to add that I checked and, yes, I bought my Orange Glo on Amazon back in 2011.
Scored 4.5/5.0 – From 108 Customer Reviews
Priced From $4.99
- Adds Extra shine to your product
- Furniture polish, aerosol spray, professional formula, non-toxic, no wax build up
- Manufactured in United States
- Furniture polish enhances wood’s beauty, leaving a refreshing woodland scent
- Conceals fine surface scratches
- Use regularly to clean, shine, and protect
- Silicone- free to preserve the intended radiance of the manufacturer’s finish
I love this furniture polish! I used to buy only this brand and scent for all my furniture…until every store I knew of stopped carrying it. I am so happy to find it again!The quality of wax free shine is unmatched by any other brand, it smells awesome (woodland scent smells like old libraries!) Every piece of I own smells and looks beautiful! I highly recommend this!!
Scored 4.5/5.0 – From 128 Customer Reviews
Priced From $12.69
- Allergen Trappers remove dust and up to 90% of the allergens found in dust
- Safe to use on a variety of surfaces, including wood, laminate, stainless steel, leather, marble, granite, and plastic
- Fresh lemon scent.
- Fresh lemon scent
I know this might sound a bit strange to many, but I use this Polish to improve the glide of my Gaming Mousepad.I use a SteelSeries Sensei Wireless for maximum glide (Without the cord pulling the mouse) with a Sunboard Sheet made of HDPE Plastic which provides the highest Glide I’ve ever tried (Even above the Razer Destructor II that I used so many times before), in competitive Gaming you have to use every advantage possible, the lower your initial movement friction on your mouse the fastest your movement responses will be, also it’ll let you be more precise and accurate.Using this Wipes I’ve turned my Sunboard HDPE Mosuepad (Not a real Mousepad, but a piece of plastic molded like one, I even made rubber feets for it) into a cloud where my Mouse just glides effortlessly with great speed and precision, all of this would not be possible without using Pledge, I’m still deciding which kind of Pledge is best for this use, Lemon Pledge or Extra Moisture, but I can assure you that you’ll not go wrong with either.
Scored 4.7/5.0 – From 57 Customer Reviews
Priced From $10.22
- Safely cleans and polishes wood furniture, cabinets, paneling, engineered wood, antiques and veneers
- Removes dust, dirt and smudges while natural oils condition, protect and bring out natural shine
- Free of vocs, alkyphenol surfactants, and petroleum
- Cleans. Polishes. Protects
- Not tested on animals
This is the safest and most efficient wood polisher I’ve ever tried! Not only it smells so good and is 100% safe on humans and the furniture (and of coarse pets too), but it really cleans out wood like I haven’t seen before. The first time I use it after it arrived I couldn’t believe how dirty my wood cabinets were because after cleaning them with Better Life I could see how inefficient convenient wood polishers are. They only clean on the surface. Better Life not only gives shine but deeply removes dirt!Way to go better Life!
Wood Cleaner, Conditioner & Polish – For Hardwood Floors, Furniture & Cabinets – Removes Stains & Restores Shine – Wax & Oil Polisher – Works on Stained & Unfinished Surfaces – 18 OZ – TriNova
Scored 4.4/5.0 – From 100 Customer Reviews
Priced From $15.97
- How to keep wood surfaces looking their best:
- Wood looks great when it’s shiny, clean, and dust-free but TERRIBLE when it’s covered in dust or residue and has a flat look.
- Most wood polishes don’t actually do anything to clean – they just leave behind a filmy residue. And most wood cleaners do nothing to condition the surface and can leave wood dry. This not only looks bad, but can lead to premature cracking.
- With a single application of TriNova Wood Cleaner and Conditioner you can rest easy knowing your furniture or cabinets will be clean AND will look their best. A simple spray-on and wipe-off treatment will eliminate most surface stains while clearing away any residue which attracts dust. The conditioner will nourish the wood without leaving behind a film.
- If you don’t want to worry about constantly dusting, or dealing with wood that wears out long before it should then click “Add to Cart” and buy a bottle of our Cleaner and Conditioner. It can be at your house in two days and your wood surfaces will thank you.
This wood cleaner and conditioner is very nice! I have a night stand that my son made for his class project in carpentry school. I’ve had it now for about 12 years and have used furniture polish on it a few times, but decided to just cover the top of it with a cloth to protect it. I took the cloth off recently and found the wood looked so dry I was going to use furniture polish on it again but had run out. I kept forgetting to get it when I went to the store and then received an invitation to purchase this product at a discount in exchange for my honest review. I was so happy to see how well this product works. It doesn’t leave any kind of oily or waxy residue. After I cleaned the piece, it just felt almost squeaky clean and the color of the wood is richer…. Not the dry faded color it was before (photos have not been altered other than cropping them to reduce the size). I was so happy with the way my night stand turned out, I decided to clean the top of my dining room buffet. I’ve attached photos to show how well it worked. The first two photos are the night stand and the second two are the buffet. I am very happy with this product, am giving it 5 stars and would recommend it!
>> Read More Reviews On Wood Cleaner, Conditioner & Polish – For Hardwood Floors, Furniture & Cabinets – Removes Stains & Restores Shine – Wax & Oil Polisher – Works on Stained & Unfinished Surfaces – 18 OZ – TriNova Here <<
Scored 4.2/5.0 – From 87 Customer Reviews
Priced From $4.29
- Adds Extra shine to your product
- Aerosol, Wood cleaner, removes old wax, polish & stains, gently removes dirt, grime, fingerprints, food & beverage stains, & oily films, Wipes away dull surface build up left by other Wood & furniture polishes
- Manufactured in United States
- Quickly removes built-up residue such as dirt, oily films and dried spills
- Cleans free of streaks and dust-attracting residue
- Great for regular furniture cleaning on surfaces susceptible
- Guardsman Purifying Wood Cleaner, 12.5oz
I’ve been a user of Plege out of habit (without thinking about it) for my entire life. I happened to be in a furniture store purchasing a new coffee table and occasional tables and this product was recommended to me. I have a St. Bernard dog so a good wood furniture cleaner for tables at her level is important to me. This product cleans very well without a waxy or moist finish. I appreciate that it doesn’t have a scent that competes for being noticed in the room. It’s like a gentle scrubbing bubbles for wood surfaces. I highly recommend it.
Scored 4.6/5.0 – From 72 Customer Reviews
Priced From $4.88
- Features a fresh orange scent
- Polishes, cleans and protects your wood in one easy step
- Safe for daily use – leaves no harmful build-up
- Use on all wood products and more including; cabinets, hardwood floors, paneling and fine furniture
- This multi-purpose cleaner can also be used on wicker and rattan furniture, car dash boards and even shower doors
I was skeptical about this product, but it does work well. Certainly, nothing can make my wood cabinets “brand new” again, however this product provided me with the next best thing. In fact, I am kicking myself for not taking before and after photos to share with this post.So, what can I say that is helpful to other customers? I would like to share that I used the Milsek without diluting it. The directions say mix it because it’s supposed to be a concentrate……well, I tried that and my results were minuscule. Then, I tried the product full-strength, and this is when I witnessed the magic of Milsek! Wow! My cabinets in my kitchen were dry, some had water damage, and they were dull, dull, dull. They are beautiful now.***Special note: I noticed that if you apply this Milsek product, wait a few days/week, and then apply again on areas that need more attention [i.e. water damaged or scratched/scuffed] it makes a difference. So, keep that in mind, more applications might be necessary. And, I have treated my kitchen cabinets a few times now, using half the bottle so far; thus, a little of this product goes a long way – making it a good value.A few more considerations:This Milsek “orange” does have a very strong odor/smell so be aware that you may need to ventilate with a fan or open a window. Also, I wore thick rubber gloves while working with this product and applied it with heavy-duty, cloth shop rags that I could throw away. And, be certain to treat kitchen cabinets near the stove/oven by removing any cooking oil residue prior to using this product because Milsek doesn’t remove the oil/grease build-up commonly found on these cabinets.If I can answer any questions or clarify anything, please feel free to ask.
Scored 4.5/5.0 – From 28 Customer Reviews
Priced From $4.49
- 16 oz, lemon scent, furniture polish, trigger spray bottle, natural oils & gentle cleaning agents, delivers a rich, low luster shine for natural glow
- Adds Extra shine to your product
- Manufactured in United States
- Furniture polish enhances wood’s beauty, leaving a refreshing lemon scent
- Conceals fine surface scratches
- Use regularly to clean, shine and protect. Conceals fine surface scratches
- Silicone-free to preserve the intended radiance of the manufacturer’s finish
Very disappointed in the shipping. Lids were lose and polish was all over the inside of the bag and both bottles had lost about 1/4 each of the polish. Love the polish but hated the packaging. Very poor.
Scored 4.3/5.0 – From 114 Customer Reviews
Priced From $5.49
- Excellent for use on finished wood surfaces including: tables, chairs, cabinets, paneling, doors, bedroom furniture and fine antiques
- Formula contains UVX-15 sunscreen, which protects wood from the damaging effects of the sun
- Kosher certified
I have used a lot of furniture products over the years for my wood furniture. These have to be one of the best I have used. The first thing I noticed was they don’t leave any oily residue. The second thing is I can wipe down my furniture and the wood shines for days after. Other product I’ve used would be oily unless I wiped the furniture off with a micro towel right after but withen hours of the first day the wood would look dry and dull. I dust once a week and my furniture looks good between dustings. The other thing that is nice is once your done just throw it away. My only concern was the towelettes staying moist until the bottle is empty. Not sure how well that will work. If I can get through the bottle without any drying out This will be a major win. And I would recommend it to anyone who has wood furniture.
Taking care of your wooden furniture should not be too difficult as there are a range of products available for the purpose. However, you must have an idea of the type of wood and finish used on your furniture if you are doing the cleaning and polishing DIY.
We hope that you found our review of the best wood furniture cleaner and polish informative and you were able to find the best one for your home. We would love to know about your choice. Do let us know which of these products you chose and what has been your experience of using them.