A 3D printing pen looks somewhat similar to any ordinary pen or pencil, only that it is slightly bulkier. Instead of using ordinary ink or lead, the 3D pen uses plastic. The plastic in the pen gets heated due to some heating technology and you can use the flowy plastic to create 3D objects or drawings that now have a third dimension as well.
3D printing pens can work on all surfaces enabling you to make realistic drawings. There are different types of printing pens in the market, each having different features. You can compare these features to ensure that you buy the best one. You can consider the material used as a filament in the pen, size and shape of the pen, type of control, ergonomics and thermal management options.
We have done the hard work for you and have prepared a list of the best 3D printing pen with LCD screen. These pens have been reviewed on the basis of the factors mentioned earlier, ease of use and maintenance, filament loading and conversion, drawing process and price, availability of standby mode and even filament jamming detection system. you can check out the list to find the ideal pen for your drawing projects.
Scored 3.7/5.0 – From 197 Customer Reviews
Priced From $55.99
- 1. Ver.2015 3D printing pen replaces ink with plastic(1.75mm ABS or PLA Filament) to create 3D object, It can be used to draw in the air as well as tracing objects on paper.
- 2. Ver.2015 3D printing pen bring your art ideas to reality with user friendly functions, you can easily control extrusion speed, temperature, filament; most important thing is it is only 65g in weight compared others in heavy design.
- 3. Ver.2015 3D printing pen is perfect for children above 8 yrs old and adult no matter you are artists, hobbyist or creative lovers.
- 4. Advanced unclogging mechanisms technology prevents jamming for easy maintenance.
- 5. Buy authentic 3D Pen with confidence in 7TECH MALL, you are entitled to one year premium quality guarantee!
Bought this for my daughter for her Christmas gift and man has she used the heck out of it. She still has yet to make me a fantastic ABS built house, or bicycle or anything super awesome like that but she is definitely getting the hang of working with half melted plastic. That is the biggest thing people need to remember when working with these 3d printing pen is that you aren’t going to build a Parisian Eiffel tower as soon as you pick this pen up. It’s going to take patience and practice to master the art of working with this extremely interesting product.This pen allows you the ability to use BOTH PLA & ABS without worry. The cross compatibility with mediums was why we specifically chose this pen. The biggest fault I find with the pen is the scent of the ABS is HORRID. My understanding is that you can rectify this by using PLA which is supposed to smell sweeter. We have yet to purchase PLA but will update when we do. We did however buy the 7tech filament refill pack which was worth what we paid. It offers a great price for the amount of filament you get so I would recommend looking at that as well if you are going to buy this pen because you speed through the filament as you learn to control this thing.Overall this 3D printing pen was top rated, had the versatility of using multiple mediums and offered more options and features than the actual brands that are carried in the craft stores. I highly recommend this to anyone looking to explore the uses of a 3d printing pen. It will provide hours of fun and entertainment. Keep in mind this is basically a portable plastic melter (kind of like a hot glue gun) so you will want to be aware of your childs age as well as their capabilities. This is definitely not something you just want to hand to a 5 year old unless you know that he is advanced enough in both his mental and physical being to not burn himself or someone else with it. We purchase this for a 12 year old and she was more than capable.
Kuman 100B Newest Version 3D Printing Pen With LCD Screen for Doodling Drawing 3D Pen Tool with 3 1.75mm ABS Filament- As DIY Gift 3D Printers (Purple)
Scored 4.3/5.0 – From 36 Customer Reviews
Priced From $49.99
- Suitable for 1.75mm ABS or PLA Filament
- LCD Screen shows your control of temperature, speed, filament
- Button controls allows you to control extrusion speeds
- Unclogging mechanisms that prevent jamming
- Button controls that allow you to extrude or reverse filament. Update 2016 gift for free： 1pcs Palette Knife Painting shovel Spatulas for Art Painting，It is excellent for thick paint applications
I bought 4 for my classroom. Kids love it and very versatile! Wanting to buy more for my art room. There are so many applications where this can work in an art classroom. The company is superb and quick to respond. I wish more companies were this efficient. I love everything about this product.It important to note that this pen can use both kinds of filament. Some of the competitors do not have this capability.Thank you for the great product!
3D Printing Pen,Vcall Newest 3D Drawing Pen with LCD Screen and Doodle Model Making Arts and Crafts Drawing with ABS Material and Power Supply(Blue)
Scored 5.0/5.0 – From 5 Customer Reviews
Priced From $32.99
This 3D pen has been used with the third and fourth graders at my school. The pen is easy to use (although there is a learning curve). I was concerned about the heat of the tip but this has not been a problem. It is not nearly as hot or dangerous as a hot glue gun. The children and myself are enjoying it. I particularly like the display that shows the temperature. This reinforces with the children that the pen is hot and that they should be careful when using it.
Scored 4.6/5.0 – From 6 Customer Reviews
Priced From $59.99
HD version of this video is on YouTube, link is in first comment for this review.The only problem I had was determining what type of filament had been supplied. There are two types, ABS and PLA, and there was no labeling on the included sample. Helpful YouTube videos told me it was ABS (burning it with a fireplace lighter, the ABS filament is dark, oily, stinky smoke and I can’t recommend you do it but I did – and it was ABS!).This video shows some wonderful art I created … ok … not so wonderful! This won’t make you a great artist, but it will give you an interesting creative tool. The RXS 3D printing pen has a speed control which will give you different effects. Also, my experience with the two types of filaments showed me that that was a factor also. I think the PLA drys quicker (and is bio-degradable) and the ABS takes longer to harden and is petroleum based. You can pick up spools of this pretty cheaply here on Amazon. My previous experience with a 3D pen like this required sticks of filament. This takes regular old curled up filament and gobbles it up nicely. It was also easy to eject unused filament.Even if you’re just doodling, as I was, this pen is trivial to use. The display, coupled with the simple controls, made it a breeze to use. I was somewhat concerned about the heat of the tip since the display showed it went up to about 230 degrees. I actually had no problem when I brushed against the tip, but it obviously can burn you. This is definitely not for really little kids, but I wouldn’t hesitate to supervise anyone, say, 8 years and older.Super easy to use, super fun. My only concern is always durability, and if this has issues in the next month I’ll weigh in on that.Manufacturer gave me a complimentary sample for review purposes, with no other remuneration and no review requirements.
3D drawing pen filament,Coocheer 3D Printing Pen With LCD Screen for Doodling Drawing 3D Pen with 3 1.75mm ABS Filament As DIY Gift US Plug 3d Printer
Scored 5.0/5.0 – From 3 Customer Reviews
Priced From $41.99
- 3D Creation,This pen replaces ink with plastic to create a 3D object in the air instead of just an idea on paper or art ideas.
- 3D printing pen LCD Screen can shows your control of temperature, speed, filament.
- Use material-Plastic or ABS material are both compatible,electric power-electric charging design, it’s convenient, save the battery money, US/UK Plug for your choice
- You can easily control 3D Pen extrusion speed, temperature, filament,advanced unclogging mechanisms technology prevents jamming for easy maintenance.
- A wonderful gift for creative children and adults, suitable children above 6 years old,It’s helpful for children to develop skills and train the ability of drawing.
This is a beautifully made and well designed 3d printing pen. The possibilities are endless with this pen. My ten year old son enjoyed this pen and enjoyed designed a ton of cool objects with it. It can nicely packaged with the pen, the electric plug and a small supply of filaments. The pen has an lcd screen to show the proper temperature when in use. It is easy to use. You just insert the filament through the back and press the forward button to load the filament and it will start to melt out the front. When you are done with a certain color, you just press the arrow in the opposite direction and the filament is released and can be change. It is very simple to use but well made and well designed. It is fun to create and draw almost anything. It states to only use their brand filament and I did have another brand filament on hand. Although it loaded into the pen it was not as smooth as the included filament sample. I will stick with their brand from now on but this is a fantastic, well made item.I did receive this item for free in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
Tictop 3D Printing Pen with LCD Screen,for Doodling Drawing,3D Printer Pen Tool ,with 3 Free 1.75mm PLA Filament,More Safety, Smelless and Health (Light Blue)
Scored 3.9/5.0 – From 13 Customer Reviews
Priced From $47.55
- PROFESSIONAL DESIGN – 3D Printing Pen with adjustable LED screen to control the temperature. Electric heating nozzle integrated and compact design convenient for maintenance and replacement.
- EASY TO USE – This 3D Printing Pen is lightweight and slim, speed control and comfortable for all hands. It replaces ink with PLA or ABS filament to create objects you want to show in the air.
- PERFECT FOR KIDS & ADULTS – This 3D Pen is perfect for children above 8 years old and adults no matter you are artists, hobbyist or creative lovers. It is a great gift for any occasion!
- Design Optimization – Preventing nozzle clogging by advanced unclogging mechanisms technology.
- DEVELOP IMAGINATION – DEVELOP IMAGINATION – The 3D pen is a great tool for anyone interested in 3D drawing. It can bring you a lot of fun and unexpected creation. There is no limit, just draw out things in your mind.
Love this product. When I got it, I opened the package and read the instructions. It does take a little bit of patience and hand eye coordination, but I’m quickly getting better and better with my projects using this 3D drawing pen. Although the size of the unit does take some getting used to, but once you get used to the size and weight of it, you shouldn’t have much trouble. Besides, if you are switching colors, be prepared for a little segment of blended color in the transition. Overall, it’s a nice activity to do if you’ve got some time and a cool idea. This is seriously the coolest product I bought recently.
Smarson 3D Printing Pen, LCD Screen, Lightweight Design, Adjustable Temperature For ABS, PLA, and LEA Filament, Blue
Scored 4.4/5.0 – From 71 Customer Reviews
Priced From $49.95
- Latest Technology: As pen draws, filament is filtered and heated through the body of the pen, which is then cooled down, creating a custom 3D object
- Easy to Use Control Panel: LCD screen displays current temperature, allowing for accurate melting levels. Side buttons control real time temperature, type of filament, and printing speed in one convenient location
- Light Indicator: During the startup heating process, red light will flicker. When pen has finished heating and is ready for filament, blue light will appear
- Endless Drawing Fun: 3D pen use is appropriate for children ages 6 years and up under adult supervision
- Extremely Versatile: Compatible with ABS, PLA, and LEA material with 1.75 mm diameter. PLA filament starter kit, pen rack holder, and DC 12V2A power adapter included. Lightweight design, pen weighs only 0.1 pounds
Great 3D Printing pen. It works well, and in a head to head trial against another great pen, this one had some advantages and some disadvantages.PRO’s-* Worked flawlessly for me, during testing/playing.* Comes with 4 colors of Filament. (most come with only 2)* Auto retracts filament slightly after you stop advancing, to save overflow. (Only pen I’ve encountered that does this.)* LCD display, to better see pla/abs selections, speed, and temp. selections. (Very Handy)* Very nicely packaged. (Would look great and make a great gift.* On this one, you hold the button down to advance, when you release the flow stops immediately… (My preference, as with the continuous flow type, I find I waste more filament.)* Comes with a nice pen holder stand.CON’s-* Button placement may not be ideal for all hands… I do prefer the slightly thinner handles myself.* Couldn’t find anything else to complain about, although, if it were a bit less expensive it would be easier to buy as a gift.Overall, I have been very happy with this pen, and found only the one real negative, and that is a personal preference, so did not downrate this enough to bring down to 4 stars.**I purchased this at a discount, in exchange for my promise to provide my 100% honest and impartial review, which I promise I am giving here. (I rely heavily on Amazon reviews before I buy, so I do not hesitate to give 1, 2, or 3 star reviews or full praise as warranted.) Let me know if you have any questions at all. I rely on Amazon reviews for all my purchases, so I hope my experience is helpful to you!
YANX Intelligent LCD Screen 3D Printing Pen Doodle Model Making Arts & Crafts Drawing Pen With 3 x 1.75mm PLA Filament (Pink)
Scored 4.8/5.0 – From 9 Customer Reviews
Priced From $59.98
- ★Adjust Nozzie Temperatre: This 3D printing pen with LED screen, can be adjusted the temperature at any time, can be exchanged materials at any time, random switching.
- ★Stepiess Variable Speed: rational design, light weight and small, easy to use, side button allows you to control extrusion speeds, while up and down buttons allow you to extrude or reverse filament.
- ★Insulating the Nozzle:the pen use high temperature materials, the nozzle temperature can up to 50℃,will not cause harm,can be removed,easy to replace.
- ★Intelligent Sleep:Intelligent sleep design,after the motor stops rotating 5 minutes, the device goes into sleep mode, avoid nozzle interference prolonged.
- ★Suitable for 1.75mm PLA or ABS filament,it also comes with a stand that can hold the pen safely when pending.
3D printing is the future and I love these new 3D pens because I love drawing and they let you draw physical things and that’s just so cool to me. Of course to draw with the pen you need filament and this pack is a great value. For the current price of less than thirty dollars you get two hundred feet of 1.75mm filament in twenty different colors which is enough to make pretty much whatever you want. This filament works perfectly in my 3D pen so it should also work great in a 3D printer that also uses 1.75mm filament, unfortunately I do not own a printer but I will be using it in my pen for now. The colors all look great, the bright colors are very vibrant almost like neon green and orange, the gray one is great for drawing metal looking objects. The bottom line is that if you own a 3D printer or pen you are going to have to buy replacement filament and this twenty pack is a great value with awesome looking colors and you can’t go wrong with it.I received this product at a discount in exchange for my honest review.
Scored 4.6/5.0 – From 4 Customer Reviews
Priced From $36.85
- PERFECT AFTER-SALE PROTECTION : Please ensure the packaging is properly intact before signing. If there is any damage of the commodity,please contact with us for a replacement, This 3D pen has 18 months warranty. For help, please contact us.
- DEVELOP IMAGINATION: The 3D pen is a great tool for anyone interested in 3D modelling. It is a great gift for any occasion! The only limitation of 3D drawing is your imagination! 3D printing pen is perfect for children above 8 years old and adult no matter you are artists, hobbyist or creative lovers.
- DESIGN OF INTELLIGENT STANDBY FUNCTION: The product will automatically switch to standby mode in 5 minutes,when you rest in operation or forget to turn off the power,the heating ring will stop working.When restart, the product begin to heat up, to avoid the risk of forgetting turn off the power.
- DESIGN OF TEMPERATURE REGULATION AND CONTINUOUS SPEED REGULATION: The function of regulating temperature has been increased. Users can adjust by themselves,according to different consumptive materials,to achieve the desired temperature.Users can govern speed through hands movement,act freely when painting stereograph,to created the perfect works.
- Included: 3D stereoscopic printing pen; 12V 3A Power Adapter; 3 Loops of ABS Filament Material
Samto LCD Screen Ver.2015 3D Pen for 3D Doodling and 3D Drawing with 3 Loops of 1.75mm ABS Filament, Purple
Scored 3.4/5.0 – From 37 Customer Reviews
Priced From $49.99
- Samto Ver.2015 3D printing pen replaces ink with plastic(1.75mm ABS or PLA Filament) to create 3D object.
- Bring your art ideas to reality, easily control refills extrusion speed and temperature.
- It is perfect for children above 8 years old and adults no matter you are artists, hobbyist or creative lovers.
- Preventing nozzle clogging by advanced unclogging mechanisms technology.
- Electric heating nozzle integrated and compact design convenient for maintenance and replacement.
When I purchased the Samto 3D pen, I honestly didn’t quite understand it,or the whole 3D pen thing. My daughter loves arts,craft,and all sorts of stuff,including building, science stuff, painting, etc and I thought that she might like it! I watched some youtube videos before I ordered the pen to kinda understand about 3D pen stuff. When I watched the videos I thought to myself that it was too cool to be true! Being able to draw and create projects or literally draw in 3D using a hot glue gun’s long lost brother as a pen. I was lucky to have the change to review it with a discounted price for my honest review, so I thought I would get it for her and give it a try. I wouldn’t be out of that much money if it didn’t work. So I ordered the pen for my daughter and printed some of the stencils from the E-book that comes with this pen (super cool stencils and templates btw!). So the day came and i gave her the 3D pen and a template and said let’s give it a try! I must admit that this 3D pen surpassed any expectations I Had! It took my daughter and I a couple minutes to lean the buttons on the pen and make sure the temperature was right (i also love this model has an LED screen so it helps you see temperature to help you know how to increase or decrease the temperature to get the ideal temperature for your project. My 8 year old daughter was the first to try the pen, and I am impressed to say her first project with the temple turned out great! CShe said the pen was easy to use and she thought it worked well and enjoyed playing with it! I’m including some picture for this review, including a picture of my daughter with ther FIRST EVER 3D pen project…her fabulous glasses! lol! As I said earlier, I received this product at a discounted rate in exchange for my review, I do all of my reviews in an open and honest manner, because I believe that everyone should receive a great product at a great price when shopping online. If this review helped you in any way please click the helpful button so that it might help someone else make an informed online purchase! 🙂
Printing pens are the new revolution. Although they are available in bulk even right now, they do not come cheap and that is the reason why you must choose carefully. You must choose the 3D pen that at least satisfies your urge of producing 3D objects using a pen.
We hope that you were impressed by our review of the best 3D printing pen with LCD screen and you were able to find the best one for your requirement. We would love to know which of these pens you chose and why. Do you have any other favorites in addition to the ones listed here? Do let us know.