When measuring the distance, the digital laser meter is more accurate and precise than the traditional tape measure. They are much quicker as they require you to point and shoot instead of walking back and forth with the tape. In addition the readings on the digital meters are much easier to read than reading from the traditional tapes. Other benefits of the digital laser meters include the elimination of inaccuracies that are rampant with crooked or sagging tapes. You can easily get readings in multiple units and there is no need to convert from one unit to the other.
As there are different digital laser meters available from different brands and manufacturers, choosing the best one will require some research. You can consider factors like range, accuracy and precision, functionality, battery and battery life, memory and other additional features. Digital meters eliminate the need of another person when measuring distance across a gap or high wall.
We have prepared a list of the best digital laser distance meter after researching the market. These meters have been reviewed on the basis of the factors mentioned earlier and their price. You can choose a meter as per the complexity of your project and the measurements required.
DMiotech 131 Feet / 40 Meter Digital Laser Distance Measure Rangefinder Meter Tape Diastimeter Large LCD with
Scored 4.1/5.0 – From 187 Customer Reviews
Priced From $29.99
- Easy addition/subtraction of measurement. Set up front/rear benchmark. Switchable among meter (m), inch (in), feet (ft.)
- High accuracy and wide measuring range up to 40m. Min/Max distance tracking (display value)
- Quick measurement of distance, area and volume with one button operation. Indirect measurement by Pythagorean theorem
- Automatic calculation of area and volume. Auto correction and error report technology. Large LCD with backlight
- Widely used in construction and industries, especially in large areas such as rooms, apartments, buildings, real estates, factories, warehouses, etc.
I love this thing, it makes measuring way too easy and I’m afraid my measuring skills will disappear if I continue to use this in place of measuring tape. Actually this might be a good thing. When I first used it, i thought it was off so I took a second measurement to find it was my measuring and not the Rangefinder. Matter of fact, after quite a few attempts using this in different areas I, sadly to say, found this Rangefinder more accurate than my own measurements. This will never be able to replace the measuring tape for tight spaces and unique areas but it sure is a great alternative for those long distance measurements that require someone to hold the dumb end of measuring tape.Disclaimer: I DID NOT receive this item at a discounted rate, I paid the full going price at the time of purchase and my review was NOT influenced in anyway (feel I should make this disclaimer these days).
Backlight Here <<
Scored 4.5/5.0 – From 67 Customer Reviews
Priced From $29.99
- Supports unit selection of meter, inch and feet, Indirect measurement by Pythagorean Theorem
- Handheld Laser Distance Meter 0.05 to 40m (0.16 to 131ft)
- High accuracy Measurement for distance,area,Volume Wide measuring range
- Supports data hold and data clear function, Supports data store/recall function of up to 30 measure
- Large LCD with backlight and multi-line display, Function of self calibration
I am very happy with the UNIT LDM-40M (131 feet). I am very impressed with the accuracy and precision of this unit. I was expecting it to be off maybe 1/16,1/8 or more on all measurements. No way. Checked against my Dewalt 16 foot tape it is dead on accurate no even off by 1/16. The precision is rock solid also. Taking the same reading several times in a row results in exactly the same measurement. Now I can replace my tape for most trim work or at least a lot of it.I can also use it in my painting business to measure rooms and roof peaks for outside exteriors.It has a way to measure roof peaks from the ground using geometry and taking the base and hypotenuse measurements. I would say this device is 5X faster than a tape for measuring complex master bedrooms etc. The unit is at least 1/3 of the price of the comparable Bosh unit. Get it you won’t be sorry. Now if they could do something about that beep!
Scored 4.3/5.0 – From 378 Customer Reviews
Priced From $49.99
- Measures Up to 328ft (100M)
- Offers Measurements in Inches, Feet, Decimal Feet and Metric Units
- Multi Measurement Modes: Single-distance Measurement, Continuous Measurement, Area Measurement
- Backlit Display Increased Visibility Under Dim Light Conditions
- Portable Pocket-sized, More Convenient to Carry
You will be hard pressed to find a better Laser Distance Measurement tool at this price point with more features, accuracy and ease of use. I am an Architect and frequently have to measure buildings in order to create as-built drawings. I had held off cause my trusty tape measure has served me well, but this tool is much better and it makes my work much easier and accurate. I measured a 14 foot ceiling in about 2 seconds (time it took me to set up, unit measurements are nearly instantaneous) it would have taken longer, would not have been as accurate with a tape measure. Measuring the distance between two walls which were at different heights and are over 30 feet apart is just two pushes of the red button and you have an accurate measurement, in this particular situation I would have never truly trusted the accuracy of the measurement with a tape measure.The display is big with large easy to read numbers and back-lighting can be turned on if you are in a dark area or you want to make the numbers easier to read. It also stores 20 measurements which allows me to continuously measure areas and then recall the data at my convenience to transfer to a plan.There is one gripe I have with the Foneso and that is the tripod mount. The thread count is different from what a standard tripod mount would have so you can’t screw it onto a tripod. It might be that it is a metric thread count. Although not a deal breaker it really is something that should be addressed because there will come a time when you will wish you could mount it to a tripod. I probably should have taken off one star for this but in my case I will almost never need to use this on a tripod so I left the star.The picture of what’s included in the box is very accurate, the instructions are minimal but this is such an easy instrument to use that any more is unnecessary. There is one item not shown in the picture which came with mine and that is a “target plate” which is to be used to increase measurement range in daylight and for targets with poor reflectivity. Looks like thick Mylar paper with a reflective film.You can spend more money on name brand laser measure and the only difference is that you spent more money. You won’t get greater accuracy, ease of use, or additional features. I tried some of the major brand laser measure and returned them, this one I am keeping. It is a real time saver, being able to measure a building accurately and in a fraction of the time is time I have to do other things. Get this one or the little brother the F70 and you won’t regret it. Please be kind enough to indicate if this review was helpful.
Scored 3.8/5.0 – From 66 Customer Reviews
Priced From Too low to display
- Bluetooth Functionality: Conveniently transfer and store measurements from the laser measurer to an iPhone, iPad or Android device via free app
- Precision Measuring Technology: Measures up to 330-Feet with up to 1/16-Inch accuracy
- Built-In Tilt Sensor: Displays 360-degree angle measurements in two axis allowing for more accurate measurements
- Backlit Display with Tilt-Screen Technology: Offers easy viewing in all directions
- Optional R 60 digital level attachment transforms the GLM 100 C into a 24-Inch digital level (not included)
I rather enjoy this tool. Compact, durable, and accurate. The Bluetooth working both ways is useful but has unfulfilled potential.** Backlight, and big rotatable display helps a lot. Android app is rather basic, and could be much more.* The GLM PC software doesn’t connect with this unit (made in April).*Something like Floor Plan Creator.**Handyman Calculator getting numbers from unit, triggering laser using another tool, etc.Edit: I see the Google Play store has the GLM Floor Plan app. Problem oddly is that it doesn’t work on my Samsung Galaxy S4, while the GLM Measure and Document does. One step forward, one back.
Scored 4.5/5.0 – From 732 Customer Reviews
Priced From Too low to display
- One button operation – press button once to begin measuring in continuous mode, press same button again to hold measurement
- Continuous measurement mode – starts measuring as soon as it’s turned on
- Laser precision technology – accuracy to 1/8-Inch
- Compact size and shape – easily portable and will rest on any flat surface
- Distance range – measures up to 50-Feet
I freaking use this thing all the damn time. It is accurate to within a 1/16 of an inch. When working by yourself (like I do all the time) this thing makes taking measurements exponentially easier. Overnight the “standout” distance on my tape was no longer important. I have gotten use to adding 1/16″ to any measurements to insure a tight fit. If found that if I use the measurement as it is shown on the screen its just a bit too loose to be useful.If you are looking for a quick replacement for your tape measure when measuring between two objects, this is it. Obviously, a good tape is necessary when measuring for cuts, but this thing is in the top 5 items I have ever purchased in my life.
Scored 3.9/5.0 – From 62 Customer Reviews
Priced From $34.99
- Ultra-thin design, fits easily in any pocket
- Accurate measurements up to 100 Ft. (within 1/8 in.)
- 3 operating modes: length, area and continuous measure
- 2 units of measure: ft./in. and metric
- Integrated 4V lithium rechargeable battery, charged via USB port
I’ve used several different laser tape measures previously (welcome to the wonderful world of design and architecture), but this is probably one of the best for the price. While it may only go up to 100 feet, that’s typically more than enough for the spaces I’m typically working with. The size is perfect – especially since I’m typically in skinny jeans and a blazer and don’t want bulky pockets.A few comments noted that they were annoyed by the fact that it shuts off after a few minutes of inactivity. Sure, it can be annoying, but if you’re actually working and doing your job vs taking a measurement, a coffee break, a phone call, and THEN trying to write down your measurement that’s been lost by that point? Well, then you’re clearly doing it wrong. I appreciate the fact that it turns off on its own – who wants to be stranded on a jobsite with a dead measuring tape because you forgot to turn it off?Two thumbs up and five stars, all the way.
LESHP Handheld Laser Distance Meter Digital Measure Laser Range Finder 100m Rangefinder Electronic Measuring Device for Distance Area Volume
Scored 4.9/5.0 – From 23 Customer Reviews
Priced From $49.99
- Digital Laser Distance Measure Meter Range 0.05 to 100m: Compact and Handheld Design, Portable and Convenient.
- You can Quickly Measure the Size of Walls, Ceilings, Floors, Rooms, Building Heights, Area, Volume, Distance, Length, etc.
- Professional & Reliable: Pythagorean Proposition Measurement Function; Area Measurement function; Volume Measurement Function; Add and Subtract Measurement Function.
- Large LCD with Backlight: Help You to See Clearly in the Dark; Support Auto Power Off; Low Battery Indication ( Battery is Included ).
- Application: Widely Used in Construction and Industries, Especially in Large Areas such as Rooms, Apartments, Buildings, Real Estates, Factories, Warehouses, etc.
Very impressed with this Handheld Laser. It measures the distance between objects and does it very accurately. But there are multiple ways in which you can utilize it. I got this because I know my husband will be using it all the time. He is constantly in the garage building things, tinkering, coming up with remodeling plans and does that on the side so this is something exactly like what he needs. I don’t know all of the technical stuff, you can read the listing to get that information.What I can tell you is that it works great. It feels good in your hand – the 2 batteries you need are included and it’s such a quick and easy read. Overall, I am really impressed. My husband is going to love this. I would recommend it.Disclaimer: I received this product free in exchange for my honest review.
Scored 4.5/5.0 – From 60 Customer Reviews
Priced From $107.40
- The most advanced laser technology for distance measurement
- Simple one-button operation to instantly measure distance between two objects
- Easy addition and subtraction function
- Pythagoras function indirectly measures height via two other measurements
- 3 year warranty
- Instantly measures up to 50m (165ft.)
- Simple one-button operation instantly measures distance between two objects
- Equipped with the most advanced laser technology for distance measurement
- Built in Pythagoras function indirectly measures height via two other measurements
- Quick calculation of area (square feet/meters) and volume
Much faster and easier than tape for a lot of measuring situations, but not all.What I’ve learned so far…Using:* Quick and easy to hand-measure to large flat surfaces, and to close smaller targets. It doesn’t seem hindered by small hand movements when making the measurements.* I need to use a tripod and a spotter to hold unit steady enough and “find” the target when shooting distances >75ft to small targets (1x1ft). Haven’t tried binoculars yet.* I wished this had some way to sight the beam over longer distances… it’s harder than I was expecting to “find” the far targets with the beam, especially outside. One trick I use is to “walk” the beam down the wall so I can keep my eye on it to the target.* Outside in daylight I find that shielding the detector port with my hand or a black card helps get successful reads.* No issues reading off of dark weathered wood inside or outside* No issues reading off of white cardboard inside a gallon Ziploc bag (my cheap waterproof target I can pin/tape up)* Super easy to read vertical heights compared to tape that wants to fall over, or elevated horizontal distances where the tape wants to bend/snap down.* Easier to use tape measure when setting stakes fairly close together (say <10ft)* Small enough to put in a jacket pocket; also has easy to use belt loopMaintaining:* I need to bring spare batteries – requires fairly full batteries to run; anything below a full battery indicator seems to be a problem when making a reading.* The battery door is tricky to open. You need to set the screwblade slot perfectly parallel to the case so the tines clear, not turn it CCW till it stops. Even so it’s difficult to open door since there’s nothing to pull on.* The recessed coated optics get dusty. These want to be cleaned like camera lenses… gently. I carry a photographic jet blower in the field, and use photo-brush and micro-fiber when needed at home.
Tacklife 60m (196 Feet) Portable Laser Distance Measurer with Distance & Angle Measurement , Area & Volume Calculation; Range Finder with Min/in/ft, Tape Measure 0.05 to 60m(60M)
Scored 4.4/5.0 – From 60 Customer Reviews
Priced From $40.99
- MULTI MEASUREREMENT MODES- single measuring, continuous measuring, area measuring, volume measuring and pythagora
- SUPPORTS DATA HOLD and DATA BROWSE FUNCTION and supports units selection of meter, inch and feet
- DURABLE AND HIGH-QUALITY-made in our own factory, avoid cheaper and poorer quality product, and the design fit for ergonomic soft-grip area
- FAST EASY AND ACCURATE-one key to measure, laser precision technology-accuracy to ±0.08 inch
- AUTO/MANUAL POWER OFF-backlight display increased visibility in low-light conditons
The last Laser range finder I use was about 10 years ago and was a huge, complicated, and mega-expensive affair. Things have really progressed in the last decade – this weighs 4.52 ounces and has a 1/4 inch screw mount for tripods, monopoles, you name it. Certainly light enough to use on a monopole.The IP 54 rating means it is:5 – Dust resistant (but not fine dust proof – still, sawdust particles shouldn’t present an issue)4 – Waterproof against splashes. This is a typical “Shower Speaker” rating, so not submersible, but will do okay if you spill your worksite coffee on it.And yes, simple. In fact, it is so simple, I initially was overthinking the operation. Once I grasped how streamlined the interface is setup, I felt a little chagrin it took me five tries with the Area measurements. (lol) And it manage to still take accurate measurements even with my caffeine-induced shaky hands. :pLove it. This has joined the ranks of “Needful Tools” along with my IR Digital Thermometer. In fact, this Tacklife is my second of these, one I am giving to a family member who is constantly measuring her house, and constantly asking me to come over to hold the tape end. Now let us see if she continues after I give her this. ((LOL))- Complimentary product provided for evaluation, yet my thinking here reflects all my personal purchasing decision processes and hopefully may help clarify if this best meet your own needs and expectations.
>> Read More Reviews On Tacklife 60m (196 Feet) Portable Laser Distance Measurer with Distance & Angle Measurement , Area & Volume Calculation; Range Finder with Min/in/ft, Tape Measure 0.05 to 60m(60M) Here <<
Arama Digital Laser Distance Meter 80m Measure tool Range Finder with Large Backlit LCD 4 Line Display, Bubble Level, Self Calibration Rangefinder (LDM-T80 80m 262ft)
Scored 4.9/5.0 – From 9 Customer Reviews
Priced From $49.95
- Easy targeting with bright laser pointer, a labor intensive laser distance measure makes field work easy, mindless & accurate. Ideal for home, construction and industries, especially in large areas such as rooms, apartments, buildings, real estates, factories, warehouses, etc.
- Double injection laser distance meter enables durable and well build, non-slip rubber-like material around the edge enables a solid grip and the buttons respond nicely.
- Wide measuring range from 0.05 to 80m, High accurate measuring +/-2mm,Multi unit selection of meter, inch and feet, a digital laser distance measuring tool with 4 line LCD display.
- Multi Measurement Modes: Single-distance Measurement, Continuous Measurement, Area Measurement, Volume Measurement & Indirect Pythagoras Measurement, a great laser distance measurer kit
- 2 year warranty, this laser range meter supports data hold and data clear function, Supports data store/recall function, IP54 protection Auto/Manual power off.
I am getting new carpet in a few rooms and hardwood for the dining room and kitchen. I wanted precise measurements before purchasing materials. Sometimes a tape measure doesn’t do a well job. But this laser Distance meter does. So simple to use, easy directions to follow.My son also finds it fun to use this for his math homework. I love the option to save the data collected because I forget everything, including what I ate the day before.I appreciated the batteries included in this, you just have to take the clear plastic off of them for them to work. The case it comes with is very handy, you can transport it anywhere you need to.I received this product at a discounted price in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.Arama Digital Laser Distance Meter 40m Measure tool Range Finder with Large Backlit LCD 4 Line Display, Bubble Level, Self Calibration Rangefinder (LDM-T40 40m 131ft)
Choosing the ideal digital tape measure should not be difficult as there are several variants available in the market. You can even choose the ones with complex calculation abilities like geometrical calculations. The choice could also depend on the range of distance that you want to cover.
We hope that you found our review of the best digital laser distance meter informative and useful and you were able to choose the best one for your requirement. It would be great if you shared with us your choice of the laser distance meter. Do let us know which of these meters you chose and what has been your experience of using it.