While cooking delicious meals can be very exciting, cleaning and scouring the pots and pans afterwards can be a headache. You will need good quality scouring pads that not only keep your pots and pans clean off the grease but they do not scratch the surface too hard to damage the coating of the pots, especially the non-stick ones. You will want your scouring pads to be tough enough to remove the stains but gentle enough to avoid any scratches.
There are different types of scouring pads available in the market. Some of these pads are made of plastic, sponge or steel. The stainless steel scouring pads are ideal for heavy duty cleaning of greased pots and pans. They can even be used on kitchen appliances and ovens. Made of coiled steel, these pads are ideal for removing tough stains. However, they must not be used on non stick pans as they can be detrimental to the coating.
We researched the market and have prepared a list of the best stainless steel scouring pads. These scouring pads are ideal for heavily caked products. They have been reviewed for their anti rust properties and their durability.
Scored 4.5/5.0 – From 274 Customer Reviews
Priced From $7.49
- Idea uncoated cookware
- Great for pots, pans, grills, broilers and more
- Long-lasting & Durable
Not only I use this for scouring steel pans (with Barkeeper’s Helper), but I also use it as a scouring pad for cleaning rest of my kitchen and bathroom. Nothing scours the scum off like this stainless steel pad (really a ball).I use this in lieu of hard-padded scrubbers. I find this to be a superior cleaning scrubber.I have used cheaper alternatives I have purchased from supermarkets. Besides inferior cleaning properties, they also rusted. This scrubber, which I have used for over a year, not only shows zero signs of rusting, but it cleans just as well as the first day.You want to clean it? There are various ways, but I just put this into my dishwasher and clean it like I would any pots and pans. You don’t need to worry about bacteria overload like you would with sponges.Pros:1)Superior scrubber that cleans not only steel pots and pans, but it also works for kitchen and bathroom cleaning.2)Doesn’t rust like cheaper alternatives.3)Doesn’t harbor bacteria if it is regularly cleaned in a dishwasher.4)Very durable and lasts a long time.Cons:1)Will scratch non-hardened surfaces. Not recommended for items such as plastics and bone china.
Scored 4.5/5.0 – From 9 Customer Reviews
Priced From $6.45
- 3M Scotch-brite Stainless Steel Scouring Pad, 2 Pads
- Pack of 2, total is 4 scrubbing pads
- idea for : pots and pans ; broiler pans
- cuts through and removes tough soil & burnt-on food fast!
- won’t splinter
Scored 4.3/5.0 – From 157 Customer Reviews
Priced From $3.79
- Made from 201 Stainless Steel
- 12 Extra Large Stainless Steel Sponges
- Weight: 50 grams
- Each sponge has approximate diameter of 3.5″
- Long Lasting and Durable
These are most definitely extra large. They were well packaged: each was in its own modest baggie so that they didn’t get tangled. I originally got them to cut up and use as steel fibers in concrete projects, but they’re super pot scrubbers, too, because the steel fibers are more substantial than in the ones I’ve gotten at retail stores, so they definitely do scour whatever needs scouring.I’ll probably get these again, because I’m using them more than I’d thought I would, and the price was great. I recommend them to anyone who is tired of the puny fast-rusting things from the grocery store!
Scored 5.0/5.0 – From 8 Customer Reviews
Priced From $12.98
Amazing Cast Iron Scrubber | Stainless Steel Cookware Cleaner for Skillet, Wok, Pot, Pan | Hygenic Option to Scouring Pads | Does Not Rust like Steel Wool | Home & Camping | Protect Cookware Seasoning
Scored 4.6/5.0 – From 187 Customer Reviews
Priced From $10.99
- PREMIUM QUALITY – Unlike other chainmail scrubbers this scrubber is built with best stainless steel type (316L) in the food industry for SUPERIOR CORROSION RESISTANCE and precisely HANDCRAFTED into a smooth circular shape to limit cookware abrasion and maintain finish & seasoning.
- EASY TO USE, CLEAN and STORE – High surface area coverage with LARGE SIZE. Circular design follows hand profile for easy handling, user friendly. Centre & outer rings enable SUPERIOR GRIP. Ergonomic design, Chainmail links size enables effective cleaning whilst reducing bits caught in mesh. Store in bag, hang via outer ring or place over silverware basket. ★ DISHWASHER SAFE ★
- DURABLE & HYGIENIC – Stainless Steel 316L is FOOD SAFE and ultra-hygienic, unlike conventional germ-infested scrubbers (e.g. sponges and scouring pads). Save money with this REUSABLE cleaning tool. Repeatedly use with NO BAD SMELL, no scrubber fibres sticking to cookware and no metal flaking off scraper during cleaning.
- MULTI-COMPATIBLE – Safely use on cast iron, stainless steel, pyrex and other non-coated cookware without damaging finish or seasoning. TRAVEL-FRIENDLY, lightweight, flexible and easy to fit into bag. Compatible with grills (inc. bbq, hibachi & smoker grill), griddle, grate, skillet, dutch oven, casserole dish, kitchen sinks, cooktop, ovens, wok, saucier, paella pan and pots & pans (inc. saucepan).
- ECO-FRIENDLY – Only hot water needed to remove even stubborn food bits, NO HARMFUL DETERGENTS required. Delivered in MINIMAL PACKAGING, a reusable small ultra-thin zip-top bag. A heavy-duty scrubber that is sustainable and can be used repeatedly without having any concern of damage or need for replacement. ★ 90 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE ★
With included loops to insert your thumb & finger, one has a sure grip on this chain scrubber..Keeps your cast iron clean without wet methods which will strip away seasoning eventually.Also the best tool for annual cleaning of our BBQ pit with cast iron grill top b-4 storing for winter.Quality stainless steel will also easily remove cooked & baked on foods from your Pyrex, stainless and most non-coated cookware.It cleans up good itself and hangs displayed with all our cast iron cookwareAs we’ve come full circle from the daze of our parents and grand-parents cookware, we have replaced much of our non-stick with cast iron and now sport 3 sizes of skillets, a 15 inch wok and a large16 inch pizza pan to compliment our cast iron arsenal and we love it!No more eating non-stick coatings for dinner around here!! And on a side note – the cast pizza pan replaces the “stone” age if you know what I mean – dang pizza stones always crack, especially on the bbq grill – not anymore!Do yourself and your family a big favor – cook with cast-iron… and keep em clean with a chain scrubber :)Cheers
>> Read More Reviews On Amazing Cast Iron Scrubber | Stainless Steel Cookware Cleaner for Skillet, Wok, Pot, Pan | Hygenic Option to Scouring Pads | Does Not Rust like Steel Wool | Home & Camping | Protect Cookware Seasoning Here <<
Scored 4.8/5.0 – From 5 Customer Reviews
Priced From $9.99
- Stainless Steel Scourer, 30g, Pack of 12
- Cleans pot, pans, grills and oven
- Removes grease, stubborn dirt
- Heavy duty & Durable
- Soft and stretchy
I purchased these stainless steel scourer pads for my husband. Yep you read that right for the hubby. He recently went and got a new head for his Honda Civic Car. He’s working on a motor build up and he needed something tough to get the grime off the old head because it came from a local junkyard.Upon opening these scourers I was a bit unsure how they’d work since they feel kind of cheaply made. We decided to give them a try and they work pretty awesome. For a scourering pad they honestly removed HEAVY dirt and grime with easy without completely running whatever it may be that you are scrubbing. The head for the car is metal and it did scratch it some but not compared to what some of the other name brand pads will do. They are soft and that is what I initially thought was cheap but it’s just how they are made and truly makes them what they are. It took the dirt, grease, and grit right off of it. I will eventually be using these for my pots and pans as well but hubby has claimed this pack. In this pack you get 12 (TWELVE) pads!! Just to give you an idea, my husband used two to get the job done on his car part. That’s A TON of dirt and grime to only use TWO!! They are tough and durable while being soft at the same time. The pads are made of stainless steel so that explains their durability. They are the perfect size to hold in your hand and scrub away. They are about 2.5” both ways and perfectly fit in the palm of your hand.I love these and look forward to cleaning with them, especially my grill :)YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN BEFORE AND AFTER PRODUCT USE IN THE VIDEO. TO THE RIGHT HAS BEEN SCRUBBED AND TO THE LEFT YOU CAN SEE GREASE BUILD UP THAT HASN’T BEEN SCRUBBED YET. THEY WORK!!!!I received this item at a discount in exchange for my honest and unbiased review!!
Scored 4.6/5.0 – From 119 Customer Reviews
Priced From $5.99
I LOVE SCRUB BUDS!! These are so much better than just steel wool. These are actually tiny metal slivers, that don’t cut you, but do cut under the food and junk. I use this in my honey setup(being a beekeeper). When I have a honey spill, it just takes one or two wipes and its almost all clean, just a sponge for the rest. Burnt on food in the bottom of the pot, a few scrubs with this an it’s gone. I’ve used these for 2 years and would never go back to the wool again.
Scored 3.9/5.0 – From 22 Customer Reviews
Priced From $5.14
- Don’t let your dirty grill ruin your appetite for summer cook-outs
- Set of two scouring pads with ultimate cleaning power to remove cooked-on gunk from grill grate
- Special coarse steel wool cuts through toughest ‘crud’ – won’t harm hands or grill
- Two large 4″ pads, easy to hold and pliable to get between grates, into corners
- Use with or without favorite cleaner or detergent; reusable – just rinse in soapy water, air dry
I have been frustrated about the lack of durability and small fiber size of steel wool for years, until I found this product. I have been using these for regular dish scouring for about 9 months and I wouldn’t buy anything else. They really have the traction I want when trying to remove burnt-on food from cast iron and forgotten rice.EDIT: I still have one left after close to four years. This may be the most economical thing I’ve ever bought.
Scored 4.4/5.0 – From 104 Customer Reviews
Priced From $3.56
- 18 count package of steel wool soap pads
- Powerful combination of soap and steel wool removes tough messes
- Makes aluminum, iron and stainless steel pots and pans sparkle
- Eliminates soap scum
- Perfect for removing rust from your patio furniture and garden tools
Okay, so I’ll admit I was raised by a mother who did 100& of the housework for me. I ran away into the real world thinking I could do it all. Needless to say, at 21 years of age, I’ve quickly learned that I am no where near the expert in life that I thought I was. Cleaning is my downfall. I’m terrible at it. I’ve spent a lot of my life thinking hand soap could be used to clean everything. I saw these and remembered my mother using them, but hadn’t ever tried them. Thought they’d be worth a try.I’ll be honest- I had no idea what they were. But I recognized the name. They’re basically steel wool (very fine, soft steel wool) with soap mixed in. They’re used for scrubbing, and are really a ‘one time use’ product. They’re not made to be used more than once. And I learned the hard way that they rust if left out wet (and leave terrible marks on what they’re left on). But for the price, they’re well worth their disposable nature. While scrubbing, they’re very soft (unlike other steel wool products), so they don’t scratch up your hand. You can scrub as hard as possible and still not get pricked by a loose piece of spikey metal.My first experiment was my shower. Grime had built up for a long time. I literally used shampoo to clean out my shower- it’s all I thought of. I spent about an hour scrubbing my nozzles, drain, and walls with these things. I rinsed, stepped out, and went ‘Holy crap- how did I not know of these sooner?’ My shower literally looked brand new!Next up- the kitchen sink! Prior to these I’d used dish soap to wash the sink. These things left the sink super shiny. It was practically a mirror! I was amazed. All I could think was ‘What else can I clean?’. Looked around the kitchen and found some stainless steel pots and pans. They eliminated 100% of the typical browning that occurs on all pans. And once I finished those, I stopped and ran over to my computer to write this review. So to all the girls out there who need a quick fix on your housecleaning needs- these are the tool to use! I’m in awe.
Scored 3.3/5.0 – From 13 Customer Reviews
Priced From $6.99
- Perfect for pot scoring, oven racks, grills, all tough jobs requiring a highly abrasive materia
- Long-lasting & Durable – 10 pack listing for a great price.
- 2″ diameter to ensure even the craftiest of hands can use this with no problem.
- Made of rust resistant stainless steel wire mesh
- Rinses clean; rinse after use and rest on non metal surface
Exceptional Quality. Before these I brought brand name scouring pads from store. They would last a few days and then would start rusting and then falling into pieces. Those metal rusted pieces would be all over my sink. This little guy is nothing like that. I was a little concerned when I bought it as the size was small. But that was the perfect size. I have used one for more than a month now. The pads are still holding strong. It does not break into pieces. It hasn’t rusted yet either. It is strong enough for the toughest job. With the way its lasting a packet would last me a long long time. Extremely happy about the product
The ideal cleaning tools not only make your cleaning job easier but they also keep your kitchen clean and tidy. Stainless steel scouring pads do not shred or rust easily, as compared to other conventional scouring pads. They can be reused multiple times before they start shrinking or splintering.
With easy to use scouring pads available, you can easily cut down the cleaning time. We would love to have your opinion about the pads that impressed you. Which of these best stainless steel scouring pads you liked and what has been your experience of using them? If you have any other favorites, then let us know about them as well.